February 24, 2023
THE ONE-YEAR COMMEMORATION OF
THE WAR FOR FREEDOM IN UKRAINE
How Should Christ Followers Pray
on This Consequential Day?
News reports miss the main story! In God’s hands, the conflict in Ukraine is ultimately about advancing his redemptive purposes for Ukraine through the saving reign of our Lord Jesus Christ.
That’s why Christ followers need to be seriously praying—especially on this one-year mark of Russia’s brutal invasion. But how?
Rich Correll, part of our global CHRIST NOW family, has been serving the cause of Christ in Ukraine for over 25 years. He continues to be directly involved in many aspects of ministry and relief work since the conflict began. No one I know is better informed about how the work of Christ is flourishing in the face of all the suffering and destruction.
In fact, based on his reports, one might say there’s a genuine Christ Awakening movement underway in Ukraine right now!
Today, February 24, Rich is calling for all believers to join him in prayer. He’s even encouraging fasting.
Let’s fervently pray with our Ukrainian brothers and sisters in Christ who currently are not only undergoing horrendous suffering but also experiencing amazing opportunities for spreading the gospel of Christ.
Pray for Ukraine now!
An open letter from Rich Correll
I invite you to join Christians from around the world to fast and pray for Ukraine on the anniversary of the mass invasion of Ukraine.
- Thank God for the spiritual awakening taking place in the land and for the thousands who are coming to Christ, with churches overflowing and new churches being planted day after day.
- Ask that out of this conflict, God also would open the hearts of Russians to the gospel of his salvation in Christ.
- Thank God for the international armada that has come to the aid of the people of Ukraine—for how he has stirred up the nations to stand for that which is right and true and just.
- Ask for wisdom for the leaders of the nations giving aid to Ukraine—to guide all their decisions about support for Ukraine.
- Pray for victory for Ukraine over the invaders—victory for democracy, victory for freedom, victory that opens the way for the message of Christ to spread even more.
- Pray for protection and provision for all the believers; too many are without food and shelter.
- Pray that war criminals will receive God’s judgment, not only at the end of the age but even right now before the eyes of history.
- Pray for Ukraine’s leaders—for their safety, wisdom in critical decisions, deliverance from corruption, and that righteousness will direct their hearts in all they do.
- Pray for God’s peace and comfort for all who have lost loved ones as well as their homes and their way of life—that they would find the ultimate hope offered to them in the person and power of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the thousands of Christ followers whom the Holy Spirit has raised up to minister in Jesus’ name to bring the grace of God into both the physical and spiritual lives of the Ukrainian people.
- Pray for Ukrainian mission leaders who are laboring at the frontlines of a Christ Awakening in their nation—for strength, protection, and boldness in the face of evil forces, seen and unseen.
- Specifically, please pray for:
Igor T Vlad M Maksym M Maksym D Roman K Oleg B Sasha G Rustam I Igor B Sveta N Sergey T Valera P Sasha R
PRAY FOR PEACE—AND THAT CHRIST WILL ULTIMATELY BE GLORIFIED AS A RESULT—in Ukraine, Russia, and among the nations.
CHRIST IS ALL!
Postscript from David Bryant
“In Jesus’ name”
As we pray together for embattled Ukraine, let’s not forget we do so in the name of our reigning Redeemer seated at God’s right hand, of whom God’s Word declares:
The one riding it was called “Faithful” and “True,”
and with justice he judges and goes to war.
His eyes are like a fiery flame
and there are many diadem crowns on his head….
From his mouth extends a sharp sword,
so that with it he can strike the nations.
He will rule them with an iron rod…
He has a name written on his clothing and on his thigh:
“King of kings and Lord of lords.”
(Revelation 19:11-12; 15-16, NET, emphasis added)
About the Author
Over the past 45 years, David Bryant has been defined by many as a “messenger of hope” and a “Christ proclaimer” to the Church throughout the world. Formerly a minister-at-large with the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, president of Concerts of Prayer International (COPI), and chairman of America’s National Prayer Committee, David now provides leadership to ChristNow.com and Proclaim Hope!, whose mission is to foster and serve Christ Awakening movements. Order his widely read books at DavidBryantBooks.com. Enjoy his regular Daily CHRIST TODAY Podcast.